Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

SU for ICan


@ICan: The SU relative strength is the average 5 day. When I see a W on the chart, the stochs have to return to oversold, but here on SU we got just a little dip below overbought.

If the stock is going up, and I want to momentum trade, I will wait until the stock is on the lower line of the upchannel, then go to a 15 minute chart, and look for a W with the right side higher, that must still be within the daily channel boundaries.

If the daily channel is wide, I will take shares off at or near the top, then add them back when it returns to the bottom. I will never never short a stock in an upchannel. Don't short strength.

6 comments:

  1. @Rock,

    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and all new thread just for one stock!

    I bought SU.nyse on Wed for $44.98(total cost) and sold it today for $46.77(not holding over the weekend (this in my trading account - still holding in my investment account).

    Suncor has been down since that all time high for two reasons:

    1)Britain increased taxes on O&G producers from 20% to 32%(Suncor owns assets in the North Sea via Petro Canada).

    2)There is a new enviornmental law in Alberta(the govt is under pressure - and elections in Canada).

    I've read that investors overreacted to both of these and they'll have very minimum affect on the bottom line. I left a link also on Wed where a brokerage firm was saying that sell-off was not warranted.

    ICan

    ReplyDelete
  2. DGDF trade.

    Dollar broke below 75. So obviously Oil and Gold and the rest are going opposite.

    ICan

    ReplyDelete
  3. GDC.TO is another company own(less 1% of my portfolio). Bought some more today. Genesis land development co. is in Calgary. Calgary home to Cdn Oil&Gas companies - booming right now.

    Thursday close price = $4.38

    Got a bid and accepted for $5.80(Jupiter is buying out GDC).

    Friday's close = $4.99.

    Do your own due diligence.

    ICan

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rock,

    I did look at Su.nyse chart at Finviz.com and saw that it hadn't broken the major moving averages like 50dma. I like finviz better than stockcharts.

    I do see where you'r coming from on stochs though. You had mentioned that before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rock,

    Appreciate your input and your valuable time in this.


    ICan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like they're going to pass a budget. Market should be up a couple hundred points on Monday.

    ReplyDelete